Poster board space is limited to 4’ by 4’ (1.22 by 1.22 m) per presenter. Common poster sizes that would fit in this space include, for example, 36 by 48 inches, or 48 by 48 inches. Push pins are provided to mount posters to boards.
Poster printing services are available on the University of B.C. campus: https://it.ubc.ca/services/desktop-print-services/printing-services
Presenters are expected to be standing at their poster during their session timeslot, and to remove their poster at the end of the day.
IMPORTANT: Presenters are requested to arrive at their sessions at least 15 minutes early, and to provide presentations to session conveners prior to the talks (e.g. via USB key) in order to ensure efficient transitions between speakers.
A-V information for oral presenters:
- Operating system version on computers tied to projectors: Windows 7 or OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- Version of PowerPoint: PowerPoint 2010 or 2013
- Version of adobe reader: Acrobat Reader DC 2015.023.20070
- Restrictions/issues with running videos: videos embedded in PowerPoint should always be tested on the presentation computer ahead of time. Bring standalone video files as a backup option. We have VLC and Windows Media Player to play video files.
- If you plan to use Prezi or Keynote: Ideally, personal computers should be used for presentations with these programs. Prezi should work on most UBC computers, though Keynote won’t work.
- Wifi is available in the presentation rooms.